How To Get Rid Of Your Acne Scars?
Congratulations! You have taken the time to find the right product to clear your face of acne. Now, you can concentrate on getting rid of your acne scars and be proud of your complexion.
Just how you treat your acne scars will depend both on how severe the scarring is and how much of your face it covers. It is important to consult with your dermatologist about the treatment that is best for you. Here are some options you may wish to discuss with your doctor:
- Chemical Peel: A chemical solution is applied to the skin. It causes the old, scarred skin to blister and peel off and new skin to replace it. This may be a good option if your scarring is not severe.
- Dermabrasion: A rapidly rotating brush is used to remove the top layer of skin and scars. Dermabrasion is effective but can be painful and require a long recovery time. It is most useful for raised scars.
- Laser Resurfacing: This popular technique uses lasers to remove the top layers of skin and allow new skin to grow over the scar. It is important to diligently follow a post-laser skin care regimen so that acne scars do not return.
- Punch Technique: This surgical option, done under local anesthesia , uses a punch tool to remove the scar. The skin is then stitched back together leaving a much less noticeable scar.
- Subcision: This method uses a needle to break up the fibrous bands that cause some sunken acne scars. It raises the scars to the level of the rest of the skin.
- Augmentation: The scars are injected with fat or collagen to raise them to the level of the rest of the skin and make them less noticeable.
These are just a few of the many options available to you. All have a different degree of invasiveness and post-treatment commitment. When you decide on the treatment that is right for you, you need to take into account which one is right for your type of scarring, the invasiveness of the procedure, the cost of the procedure and the follow up commitment for that procedure.
Acne scars are not something you have to live with. There are many options available to you that can restore your skin to show a healthier more vibrant face. Take the time to research your options and consult with your dermatologist so that you make a decision that is right for you.